Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Whole Stash.

My fiancee and I are moving at the end of the week. Friday morning to be exact.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to get a jump start on my packing. My stash of yarn was already in a big 50 gallon tub and a couple of extra baskets, so I figured I would consolidate into just the tub. Easy peasy, and then it would be done and out of the way.
Why did I think that I wouldn't need to get into my stash for two weeks? What was I thinking?
My nice neat, orderly stash and all of my knitting supplies were tucked away, with only the cardigan I've been working on out and in action.
Then I got a custom order on etsy. It, of course, required yarn that was on the bottom of my newly organized tub o' yarn.
I managed to reorganize pretty easily. Then, last night, my fiancee reminded me about the birthday present I needed to make. By moving day.
The gift was a stashbuster, made by holding several different red yarns together that were leftover from previous projects. It required seven different yarns.
Recovering from that wasn't so easy. The stash was in shambles.
So, this morning, 48 hours away from the move, I have to reorganize again.
So, in order to make the best of the situation, I decided to show all of you just what my stash looks like!

I'm sure that many of you noticed that those aren't the skeins or balls that you're used to knitting with! For the last year, I've been working at this great local yarn shop in Portland, OR called Yarnia  where the yarn is custom wound on cones! It's really neat process where you're able to select up to six thin strands of all different fibers and colors to combine into a completely unique yarn that's one of a kind! You should all definitely check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment